Wednesday, November 3, 2010
JLI'ers Forever
Back in June of 2000 I went to work at Jacob Lake, just north of the Grand Canyon. I have very fond memeories of working there and met wonderful people I'm grateful to call friends. We decided it was time for a 10 year reunion. We set the date for October 16th and hoped for a good turnout. So not everyone was able to make it but we did have a great time. I laughed harder than I had in a long time as we reminisced about the good ole' days at Jacob Lake. Spouses were invited and I'm sure they would have rather not been there but I'm glad Chris was able to put faces to names when I talk about my time there. A few of us had mentioned that if we would have met under other circumstances most of us probably wouldn't have been friends but I'm so grateful for the circumstances that did bring us together (i.e. riding in the cow truck, late night pranks, living in the middle of no where, and all that JLI entails). Looking back on it now working at Jacob Lake was a very pivotal point in where I ended up today. As strange as it may sound I saw a lot of growth in myself while there and I owe a lot of it to the individuals that I worked with there. I love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I tried getting both Regan and Nicki to get a job there b/c I thought is sounded so fun. I'm glad you were able to spend time with friends. I've still got Kenna and Trevor coming up in the ranks.
I'm glad you could all get together!
Looks like a lot of fun!
Fun, fun! And fyi, I totally did want to do that! The timing was just never right. A friend of mine just got done down there and absolutely loved it!
Post a Comment