Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leave a comment or else....

This post is for you Shae so I better see a comment from you!!

My good friend Shae told me the other day that it was time to update my blog. I kindly informed her that I found it somewhat agravating to write posts on my blog and see zero comments at the end, so I decided to go on strike.

Aside from my complaining here's what we have been up to...

Since Chris has been somewhat unemployed for a couple of months we have spent many date nights playing the wii and watching movies, oh and playing sudoku. I'll admit, I'm addicted. Chris is going stir crazy spending so much time at home. Although there has been a positive to him staying home, we have been able to sleep in at least until 5:00 am.

We were able to head up to Utah to attend my nieces baby blessing. Little Avery Jayne. She has the cutest squeezable cheeks I've ever seen. I stole this pic from my sisters blog. It's always nice to be with family and especially for such a special day.


Just last weekend the majority of Chris' family came to visit. Chris and I love having visitors and it was fun to be the host for his family. It was the first time that they were all down here together at the same time. We spent most of the time at the resort so the kids could play in the heated pools. The guys all went to the mens college mountain west conference game, they were a little disappointed that BYU didn't make it to the finals. Thanks Caldwell's for coming to visit and for the fun weekend.

As you can see we really haven't been up to much. We are excited for April. I love Easter, I love Conference and we are taking a trip to Cali with some dear friends who will be moving to Iowa in May. I'm so sad that they are leaving but excited to be able to send them off with a fun trip.

17 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I always try to leave comments, but for some reason I wasn't able to do so. Love the picture of Avery. You guys are always doing something fun. Good for you.

Sabra said...

I didn't know your hubby lost his job. Sorry to hear that. Darn it. This economy is nuts.

Keep me posted about the Alaska thing!

Rachael said...

She does have squeezable cheeks! Oliver does too but they are his OTHER cheeks!
If Sabra is talking about the Alaska thing you told me about months ago...keep me posted too!

Ashley said...

Hey Lani! I like your new blog makeover. You designed it right? Cute. Sorry to hear Chris is jobless. My mom told me a couple of days ago. Can't wait to visit you!

Jossie said...

I hear you! I feel the same way. Then I got thinking, my blog is a way for me to keep track of things for myself so that when I go to scrapbook, I can reference it :-) I'm hearing all these other comments about Chris losing his job...sorry to hear that! Keep us posted.

Melissa B said...

Hey. Just because I don't comment doesn't mean I don't read it! Keep that in mind next time you are posting...sometimes I just don't know what to say. Anyway, we need to hang out. It has been way too long!!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Lani!!! Did you see that I left a comment on your last post too?! I adore your niece's cheeks. What a doll! I'm so glad that you updated. Those friends that are moving to Iowa are sure lucky to have you!

Rachel H. said...

Hey no mention of your love for scouts?

Rebecka said...

Lani! I feel the same way about the whole blogging thing, I would get so bummed without having comments, that I'm not too interested in it either. But I guess the point is to do it for me, as a sort of family history, because I certainly don't write things down otherwise. Anyways...I love you and hearing what you are up to.

Shy said...

Wow, I am commenter no. 10! I guess going on strike worked! It was so great to see you guys when we blessed Avery Jayne! I can't wait to visit in May! Love you!

Danny and Darcie said...

Thanks for the update Lans!! I has been so fun to see you a couple of times in the lastg couple months. Can't wait to see you in May, love you.

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Hi! just wanted to let you know that I peeked in on you. Cute pic!!

Melissa Summers said...

I thought it would be fun to add to all the comments. I think our blog is cute and I love the signature at the bottom.

Melissa Summers said...

I meant..."I thought YOUR blog was cute" not OUR. OOPS!

Graham said...

I guess I should start commenting! I check out your blog alot, It is really cute and fun to see what fun things you guys do.

Morty said...

Me too! I always check your blog but,...I guess I'm lame and never make comments. (maybe that's why I haven't been motivated to update my blog lately either!) I hope all is well. -Jen

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I love Avery's cheeks! I can not get over them! Sure love you Lans, and your grandmother is in our prayers!