Well, today felt much more like summer in the 85 degree weather but the last week was more like Spring. I love this time of year! You can leave the windows open and feel the cool breeze and smell the sweet smell of fresh air and new flowers. (The only draw back of leaving the windows open in North Las Vegas is the ocassional pig farm aroma, yummy!) During the Spring I always want to spend more time outside enjoying all of God's creations although it's always nice to return to the comfort of a clean house. I must admit that I love spring cleaning. I already have my list of things that I want cleaned/accomplished in the next month or so. I get all excited thinking about it. The majority of that motivation comes from my OCD like personality but a sense of accomplishment and pride goes along with conquering a task and stepping back with a sign and admiring your work. Okay, so maybe I'm a little strange but here's to SPRING!!
Chris' brother Ben and his wife Trisha came to visit last weekend with their 4 kids, Logan, Brylee, Boston & Carter. It helped kick us into the spirit of Spring. They came from cold snowy Utah and thought the 68 degree weather was paradise. They even decided to take a dip in our unheated community pool. Chris and I opted to stay back at the house and watch the baby.
We went to Bonnie Springs and experienced the most lame cheesy crude melodrama, hanging and shooting ever. (Hopefully I don't offend anyone with that last comment.) I don't recommend going. The best part about the whole day was the petting zoo, which I would recommend. We also spent some time at Aliante park which the kids loved. It's always nice to have family come and visit. Thanks Ben and Trish for a fun weekend.
6 comments:
Yeah! I love spring...it has been in the 60-70s here. Yesterday was 75 degrees! I love it. And as much as you hate the pig smell, I am sure it reminds you a little of home :) haha.
Miss you, love you.
Meliss
ps. Nate and Cami have a new blog that is updated. Here it is:
http://ncjorgensen.blogspot.com/
The girls and I sat outside almost all day! It was beautiful. I just wish it wouldn't get any hotter. I wasn't offended by that comment at all because I too have been to see the lame performance. My sister in law actually got put up on stage!
The Boonie Springs Petting Zoo is awesome! I have never gone to the part you have to pay so I didn't get to see the cheezy shooting!
The weather has been great!
I am so excited for Spring too! I definately get the spring cleaning itch around this time too. How fun that you were able to have family visitors. Can you come to the cousin get together?? Hope so.
I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the petting zoo was nice. We went to another free petting zoo in the area and it was scary!!
Post a Comment