Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Evil!

I have been hearing around that HBO will be airing on March 15th an episode of Big Love where they will be sending secret cameras into the temples to show temple ceremonies. They already have posted pictures of temple attire. It's infuriating. What gives people the right to poke fun and make light of such sacred things to so many people. I could hardly sleep last night thinking about it. I've also heard that there will be picketing at General Conference by certain groups that oppose LDS beliefs. I hope and pray that the Saints will be watched over. Satan is evil and he's got his hold on so many of God's children. The church has released a statement that members, if they feel the need to express thoughts and concern regarding these matters, to do so in a kind and loving matter. I just needed to vent and hope that all are aware of what's going on and to keep these issues in your prayers.

8 comments:

Trisha said...

I heard about it too! I cannot believe that they would do that. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. I just hope by some chance it doesn't get aired.

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

That is so sad. I don't understand why people don't respect other's beliefs

bloodfamily said...

I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for the heads up.

Graham said...

I heard about the Big Love thing last night and it made me really mad but also sad for those people who took the cameras in because they'll be in big trouble in the next life.

Taunya Spaulding said...

i saw that on the news last night too! it really irritated me! how can someone just violate our religion like that? it makes me so mad! honestly, what is this world coming to? i hope and pray nothing serious happens!

Michelle said...

Wow, I didn't know that, that's horrible! How sad that our world is so corrupt. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa B said...

I just read an article about this. So maddening.

Rachel H. said...

Did you know that Tom Hanks is the executive producer of Big Love, and he was pretty upset at the church for the Prop 8 thing, I think this is their way of retaliating. Now it taints everything I see him in.