Tuesday, April 5, 2011

General Conference, new car and the sweetest niece in the world!

PJ's, snuggling with the hubby, yummy treats and food for the soul = General Conference Weekend

For those of you who read this that aren't members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, two times a year we have the opportunity and privilege to listen to the prophet, apostles and leaders of the church in a world wide broadcast from Salt Lake City, UT. (If you want to know more check out mormon.org or if you want to read what was said at the conference go to lds.org) I always loved General Conference Weekend as a kid. You would think it was because we got to stay home from church but I loved being gathered around the TV with my family and listening to the calm and comforting voices of the apostles and prophet. There is a definite feeling of love and peace that emanate from each and every one of them. As I've gotten older I love it even more and look forward to listening to the talks that have been prayerfully chosen to enrich our lives and help us progress in an ever changing and challenging world that we live in. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life!
Our dear prophet and his wife- how sweet.

In between conference sessions on Saturday Chris and I went frisbee golfing with some friends and got our first sunburns of the year. We also took several drives in our new car, Chris was uber excited about some of the features and had to try them out. (We sold my car back in July of 2010 and last Saturday I took Chris' truck in for a check-up and it needed more than $2000 in repairs. We weren't about to put more than $2000 towards a truck with over 150,000 miles on it- so we had to go get a new car. Love the car-hate the car payment.) I also made Granny Annie's scones (a restaurant in Kaysville, UT). I got the recipe off the internet and they are absolutely delish- and fat free (ok maybe not).




Can I also add that I have one of the sweetest tender hearted nieces in the world. It's no secret that Chris and I have struggled trying to get pregnant. Well, last month was another failed attempt at artificial insemination. So I get this letter in the mail last week from my 10 year old niece Hadlee. And in the letter she says she had overheard my mom telling my sister (my mom had been staying with my older sister because she just had a baby) that the procedure didn't work for us and how she was sorry and she thought a letter would cheer me up a little bit and that she loved me. Love you Had!

8 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I love General Conference too!!! And I love your new car...and I am tearing up just hearing about Hadlee's letter! Love you Lans, and I think of you often!

Ashley said...

Lans, sorry to hear about your sad news. Hadlee is such a sweetheart. I bet her letter made your day. I love sitting with family watching conference too. Congrats on getting a new car. I will keep you in my prayers. Can't wait to see you in a few days :)

Heather said...

I love conference time too! It sounds like you guys had a good time. Love the new ride! Your niece is so cute and so in tune! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Good things are comin' your way! I know it!

Nicki Dunn said...

Yay for a new car! You can't beat that smell. Hadlee bug! She has always been the sweetest little girl. What a doll. Sorry to hear about the IVF didn't take. My prayers are with you for next time Lans! XO

Taunya Spaulding said...

sorry to hear about the sad news! hadlee is so sweet to send you a letter, though! :) i agree that conference was great!! :)

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I love this post it is very sweet. Congratulations with the new car. It sounds like it is fun.

Sorry to hear that your baby plans didn't work out. That has to be very frustrating. I love that your sweet niece wrote you a kind letter. It is so nice when people do little things to make us forget our worries for a moment.

I hope you guys are doing well.

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Hi Lani,

I have not been checking any blogs lately and when I saw your comment on mine, I thought that it would be fun to go to yours! And I was right except for the sad part. I am sorry to hear that, if you need anything please let me know.
Let's get together sometime, I need to see that new car!!

Caroline Craven said...

Hadlee is a sweetheart. We all hope for sucess the next time around. You are in our prayers!