Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alive and well!


So I've been laying in my bed going on almost 3 days now due to nasty strep throat. I'm getting sick of watching food network and reruns of "Friends".  It's been almost 5 months since my last post so I figured I would update my blog. We just returned from a trip that was possibly one of the best weeks of my life but before I get to that I wanted to catch up with what has been going on for us since April.

Chris and I are doing well. There hasn't been any work here in Las Vegas for Chris so I have been holding down the fort on my own while he has spent the majority of the last 3 months in Utah. Luckily there has been work for him there. So while he has been gone I have been doing the following...

Working....


Spring Cleaning...



Laying out by the pool...
(just for the record, I never lay out topless, nor in a bikini for that matter, but we are in the desert)

and

Enjoying my green smoothies on a daily basis.

 
Of course in May was mother's day. I was blessed with such a wonderful mother and feel that she deserves more than one day to be honored but I must admit I HATE mothers day. Chris, and the good husband that he is, skipped out on church with me and never made me feel guilty for not going. I think it is great that at church they recognize all females over the age of 18 with bread, or a cookies, or whatever it may be for that year but I hate standing knowing that I don't have any kids. So we skipped church and spent all day cuddling watching chick flics and eating brownies.

At the end of May some of the women on the McAffee side all gathered in West Yellowstone for a get together. We normally have a yearly all girl cousin get together and it was my year to plan it. Since my grandma has been so sick I thought it would be fun to get all the McAffee women together and not just the cousins. Not everyone could make it and we sure missed those who weren't there. When the McAffee Women get together you can bet there will be lots and lots of laughter, which there was. I never laugh as hard as I do when I'm with my mom, sisters, aunts, cousins and grandma. Poor grandma McAffee was just not feeling well due to her cancer but I'm so glad she made the trip and that she was able to be there with us. I didn't take pictures so I stole pictures from my cousins' blogs but it was a great weekend.



The gang, this is only half of the McAffee female clan.



Grandma and the grandkids


Grandma and the great grandkids

Looking forward to our next get together.

While I was in West Yellowstone Chris was biking with my brother Levi. And I knew it would happen but he crashed and hurt his ankel pretty back. It's been almost 4 months and it is still swollen but I can't convince him to get it checked by a Dr. Men!


For Memorial day and the 4th of July we went camping with the Caldwell's. It's a tradition. Again, I didn't take pictures but we had a great time as we always do.


Since Chris has been spending so much time in Utah he helped my sister and her husband put in their sprinkler system at their new house in Kaysville.



Chris and I also went on a fourwheeling trip with his parents up in Marysvale, Utah. All in all it was a great trip with the exception of someone breaking their ankle and a fourwheeler stalling at the top of the mountain that needed to be towed all the way down and through town (embarrassing). We also went rafting which was a lot of fun and a new experience for Chris and in my laws.




No this isn't acutally us but this is exactly what it was like and we rafted this exact river.


One of the weekends that Chris was home we decided to drive up to Valley of Fire. It's a short drive and a nice little get away for the day.




Just last month we had a McAffee family reunion up near my granparents house. My family went a day early so we could hang out with grandma and grandpa before everyone arrived. We ate yummy dutch oven breakfast and dinners, got drenched in several rain storms, relaxed, and took some four wheelers up to the indian paints. The next day we met the rest of the clan at the Mackay Dam and had some more delicious food. It's always fun to be with family. The only picutres I took were of my brother and his wife and little girl. We went for a leisure drive on the fourwheeler which Marley, my niece, absolutely loved, so much that it put her to sleep.



Check back for our trip to Haiti.




3 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

love the update and pictures! so glad to hear you guys are doing great and having fun! sorry you've been sick-bummer! will you guys be going to nicki's wedding?? i hope so! we'll see you there if you go!

Sabra said...

I don't blame you one little bit for skipping church on mother's day. I used to. Good luck with all that. I think of you often.

Looks like you have been doing some really fun things this summer.

Can't wait to see the pictures of Haiti.

Heather said...

Love the pics and the update! Tried getting hold of you, but it must have been while you were in Haiti. Sorry that you're sick! That's no fun! Hopefully we can get together soon! Take care!