Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day to all, especially to my dad. What a wonderful example he has been to me throughout my life. I knew that when the time came for me to get married that I was going to measure my future husband up to my dad and if I did I would marry a great man (as I did). My dad has always been someone I could rely on in difficult times and trust that he would give me the best advice even if it wasn't something I wanted to hear. He's a modern day hero! I love you dad.




Life Lessons


You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.


Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.


Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The (woman)(man) I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.


I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.


By Joanna Fuchs


Happy Fathers Day to my father-in-law and for the lessons and teaching that molded my husband into who he is. Happy Fathers Day to my brother Levi who is a brand new father who adores his little Marley. Happy Father's Day to my brother-in-law and for the great dad he is to my niece and nephews. Happy Fathers Day to my grandpa who is a true servant of the Lord. Happy Fathers Day to all those who have ever been called Dad and to those who will be.

Last but not least, Happy Fathers Day to my sweet husband as well. Although he is not yet a father I know he will be a great dad and a hero in our children's eyes. I look forward every day for that time to come when I can see him taking his patriarchal role as the father in our home.

4 comments:

Danny and Darcie said...

Dido Lans. We truly are so blessed to have such a great Dad. Hopefully Chris and Danny's time to be daddy's will come soon!

Rebecka said...

Your dad is great. Loved your post Lan! Very sweet.

Taunya Spaulding said...

i just love your dad!! And Chris will be an awesome dad when that day comes! Hope you have a fun fourth of july in lake powell! i'm so jealous!!!

Ashley said...

Great tribute to your dad. I'm glad he is my uncle.