We left Thursday night (the 2nd) after we both got off work. We headed to St. George to stay at the Worldmark resort for the night. We've been so excited for our little get-away.
We got up early Friday morning and headed for Jacob Lake. I worked at Jacob Lake back in 2000 and wanted to go back for a visit and take Chris. We ran into a friend I worked with there and walked around. I'm sure Chris got tired of hearing all the stories I had from when I was living there. We took a hike to the Jacob Lake tower that the fire rangers use. We even got to see a Kaibab squirrel!
The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only 40 miles from Jacob Lake so we took the opportunity to go there then it was off to Lake Powell on Saturday.
At the North Rim we visited Angels Window, Cape Royal, Point Imperial and Bright Angel Point.
We left Jacob Lake on Saturday morning as the sun was rising. When we came down out of the forest and off the plateau it was a beautiful setting. We had to stop and take a picture. This was my favorite picture out of the ones we took.
On the drive to Lake Powell we drove through Cliff Dwellers. It is a site where people lived before and made their houses out of the rock. What resourceful people! We stopped to take more pictures.
We were so excited to get to Lake Powell at the Wahweap Marina after we picked up the jet skiis in Page, AZ. We were on the lake for 6 hours -jet skiing the whole time. We were having so much fun on the water we didn't get too many pictures taken. We had a blast. Later that night we headed back into Page for some fireworks, then back to Lake Powell where our tent was. It was hard to sleep that night due to the sunburn, but it was well worth it!!
We woke up Saturday morning sore and ready to head home. On the way home we drove through Zions National Park and some fun little town.
It was a long but fun 3 days. I'm so grateful I get to spend so much time with my best friend and love of my life. I will miss him when he goes to Alaska next week.
11 comments:
Man that looks like you had alot of fun. You sure packed alot into 3days. These will make great memories!
What fun! I love Lake Powell and spending the day at the lake! I haven't done it in years!
Looks like you had a great vacation!!!
Wow! You guys packed A LOT in in just a few days. Fun fun fun! I miss that area, it's so beautiful. Miss you too!
Amazing pictures. Glad you guys had fun.
Mark took me to all the same spots! He worked summer and fall there and said that after Halloween they took their pumpkins to the top of the fire tower and dropped them. I'm dying to go back to the North Rim, and the cute little cabins at Jacob Lake, no phone and no TV, perfect! I have a cute Kaibab squirrel Christmas ornament that I got at the gift shop there. Looks like a great weekend.
What an awesome vacation! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! i love the pictures!!!
How fun! I am jealous. I've never been to Lake Powell but would love to go. Those are some awesome pictures.
Man you guys know how to pack a lot of wow into one weekend! Were you exhausted when you got home? Looks like a lot of fun though? Great pics! Love you!
That trip looked awesome! Such beautiful pictures~ maybe I'll have to visit all those places before summer ends! :) Jen
Your pictures are all gorgeous. They look like postcards.
Brings back some fun memories! So fun that you two cab just take off for jam packed weekend! JLI ten year reunion!!
Post a Comment