Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two Years!

So today it's officially been two years since we came to Las Vegas. I can remember the day we drove down and pulled into our driveway like it was yesterday. This is our first home and when we arrived Chris was so cute and carried me into the house. At the time it felt like such a fun adventure. It was like there were big neon signs flashing in my head 'YOUR ARE NOW ENTERING LAS VEGAS'! Now that we are here it's definitely not the big deal that I thought it was. It actually feels like it has been a lot longer than two years but we are so glad we came. Chris and I both love Las Vegas and hope we get to stay for a while longer. The two years I have been in Las Vegas is the longest I have lived in one place for the last 10 years. Pretty crazy! And I'm not getting the itch to leave! Which, by the way, is amazing for me because usually by this time I'm starting to feel like it's time for change. We definitely miss family but we've been lucky to meet some great friends that I know we will be able to call our friends for life, they know who they are!! So here's to two more years in Vegas, hopefully more!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, really? I'm glad that you like it there and that you have made some good friends. Can't wait to see you on the big weekend getaway!

bloodfamily said...

Well, it seems like just yesterday that I was working on Girls Camp stuff with you. I'm sure that I haven't told you guys...but we are sure glad that you are in Las Vegas. You guys are alot of fun, and my boys just love Chris.

Rachael said...

Its the ward! You can't find a better one!!!

Taunya Spaulding said...

wow, 2 years really? I'm glad you guys are loving it there! but we sure miss ya!!

Graham said...

I have been here six years now and we swore it would only be one. I love it here too. I agree with Rachael it is the ward. We love the people we have met.

Melissa B said...

Speaking of calling your great friends...let's do something this weekend! and the next, and the next, okay maybe that's overload. Oh, and I can finally text now so text me if you don't have time to call. (Glad we met you guys too!!)

Michelle said...

I'm glad you guys are liking it in Vegas and have made such good friends! We need to get together sometime if you're ever in the area visiting. We could get together with the Millers, that would be fun!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I am glad that you like Las Vegas. I'd be sad if you guys moved! :)